Tuesday 2 April 2013

Please answer: Why?


The one question on my mind is why. Why would you, after all this time; after all the good memories and gifts, would you just throw our friendship out the window, and accuse me of something I never did, and sick your boyfriend on me? Why?

When I first met you, you were somewhat alone, yet beautifully innocent. You were new to our country, and I showed you kindness and loved you when others did not. Why then, did you forget this act of selflessness? Why?

I then introduced you to much of our country, I even introduced you to many new things and experiences. We both laughed, smiled and had fun. The wind full of our laughter. Yet you simply let these memories drift away in the wind. Why?

I introduced you to a new, loving group of friends, and together, we all went out to lunch, had good times, and created many good memories and pictures that will never leave, yet you somehow forgot about these too. Why?

You got a boyfriend. I was really happy for you. I gave you guys space, respect for both of you, and my blessing as a friend. I even put a fake smile on my face for when you both kissed in front of me. But you threw all of this out the window. Why?

I shared all of my feelings with you. You knew my feelings for you, and we helped each other in tough times, but you block these memories. Why?

Here I am now, broken on the floor and cornered. You blamed me for saying something I never did. I have witnesses, my self-confidence and a thousand other things to prove I am in the right, yet you don’t believe me, after all we have done, you avoid me, you are afraid of me, you hate me. To you, I am a disease; a plague. I am your worst nightmares come true. You never look me in the eyes. Even our mutual friends want to talk to you about how I am innocent, yet you ignore them as well as my thoughts. It is unfair, and evil. You drown me in my own thoughts, and silence my soul. As you abandon me and you friends for your new life with your boyfriend, your world, I can only ask you one question from my heart. It is the only question I can fathom to believe in any more. The only thing on my mind, moon after moon after moon. Why?

No comments:

Post a Comment